What is PC*MILER|Weather?
PC*MILER|Weather users can visualize predicted weather patterns across the U.S. and Canada by use of a radar, precipitation and general alert layers.
A weather alert displays when a projected route goes through a weather zone, providing the dispatcher the critical insight to potentially alter the route.
Request More Information
- Improve overall efficiency and gain clear visibility into when a shipment will arrive
- Keep drivers safe and off of roads affected by inclement weather
- Save money by routing around a potential weather incident, avoiding time spent off the road, helping to maximize all miles driven
*Applicable licenses required.
- Proprietary map database updated
- Road network includes truck restrictions and allowances: bridge heights and clearances, load limits, weight limits and allowances, left-hand and dangerous turn restrictions, truck through route designations, and urban road classifications – as well as truck-restricted, truck-designated, and truck-prohibited roads
- Nationwide U.S. and Canadian street-level routing* and map database
- Truck-specific toll costs* in the U.S. and Canada; includes toll data updates
- Hazardous Materials Routing* and map database in the U.S. and Canada
- 53-foot and twin trailer designations
- State oversized and STAA route designations
- U.S. ZIP Codes, Canadian Postal Codes*, Mexican Postal Codes, and Standard Point Location Codes (SPLC)*
- Truck-specific Points of Interest (POIs) on the map including: truck stops, GeoFUEL truck stops, truck services stations, state weigh stations, CAT Weigh Scales, fueling locations, DEF fueling locations, LCV/tandem trailer lots, intermodal ramps, rest areas (other POI categories also available)
- Visualize predicted weather patterns across the U.S. and Canada with radar, cloud and general alert layers
- Generate a report that summarizes weather alerts for a planned route
- Weather data provided by Environment Canada (EC), U.S. National Weather Services (NWS) with data from the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and AerisWeather
- Alert reports detail the route leg, alert type, effective time, expiration time, and the certainty, severity, and urgency ratings
- PC with a minimum 1.5-2 GHz processor
- Windows® 7, 8 and 10 running in a 32-bit compatibility mode for the Interactive GUI (PC*MILER Connect, Mapping, BatchPro and Spreadsheets programs will run on 64-bit processors)
- Citrix and TCP/IP functionality for use with other platforms
- Windows Server® (Windows Server 2012, Terminal Servers, and Server 2008 including Server 2008 R2 running in 32-bit compatibility mode for the Interactive GUI and on 64-bit processors for PC*MILER Connect, Mapping, BatchPro, and Spreadsheets)
- 512 MB RAM minimum, 1 GB strongly recommended for standard desktop users. For Citrix and Terminal Server, 200 MB RAM for PC*MILER|Connect and PC*MILER|Spreadsheets for each user
- 3.5 GB Hard Disk Space for full install (including all available Add-ons except PC*MILER|Energy and all Connectivity products)
- Color Quality Settings Supported: 16-bit and 32-bit (8-bit and 24-bit not supported)
- Minimum Screen Resolution of 800x600
- Internet Connection for License Activation and access to select features such as Weather, Satellite imagery, real-time Traffic data, and fuel pricing