A new version of PC*MILER is released once a year, in May-June. Updates and patches are periodically made available to users between releases. (See the Updates & Patches FAQs for more information.)
Upon your purchase of PC*MILER, an installation Product Key Code was emailed to you from firstname.lastname@example.org in an email titled “PC*MILER Software Order…” All you need to do is copy and paste the code from the email into the designated area when prompted during the install. If you did not receive this email please contact PC*MILER Technical Support with “Product Key Code Request” in the subject line, including a brief description of the issue you’ve encountered, your company name, order number (if you have it), and your contact information so that a code can be sent to you.
To move your installation of PC*MILER to another computer, you must first deactivate and then fully uninstall your license. Then you need to contact PC*MILER Technical Support to have your Product Key Code reset so that you can reinstall on a separate computer. We need to first have a record of you deactivating your license before we are able to reset it.
Yes you can, if you have purchased additional copy licenses. Please contact an Enterprise Solutions Account Executive or call 800-377-6453, Ext. 1 for assistance.
Running a local workstation install on a Citrix Server or in a Terminal Server environment usually causes this error. When installing onto a Citrix Server or Terminal Server, you need to have the physical installation disk to install on each machine rather than browsing to the PC*MILER network folder and running the setup.exe. For the installations receiving this error, try uninstalling using Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs (or Control Panel > Programs and Features for Windows 7 users) and then reinstalling using the physical installation disk .
A Beta Version is a pre-release of PC*MILER and is not meant for production environments. We’re happy to hear that you’d like to upgrade to the Version Release. Please contact an Enterprise Solutions Account Executive or call 800-377-6453, Ext. 1 for assistance.
You may find that you want to purchase an additional PC*MILER Solution sometime after the initial installation of PC*MILER. To purchase and install an additional product at a later time, follow these steps:
1. First, call PC*MILER Sales at 1-800-377-6453 Ext. 1 (or 609-683-0220 ext. 1 outside of the U.S.) 9:00am-5:00pm EST, Monday-Friday to purchase the product(s) and obtain a new Product Key Code to license and install the new product(s).
Once you receive the new Product Key Code:
2. You must deactivate your license by going to Start > Programs > PCMILER > License Status > Deactivate.
3. After deactivation, insert the PC*MILER Install DVD into the DVD/CD drive.
4. In the Installation Wizard, choose “Modify” and click Next.
5. Keep the User Name and Company Name as is and click Next.
6. Replace the existing Product Key Code with the NEW Product Key Code and click Next to continue.
7. In the Select Components window, make sure all new and existing products are checked. IMPORTANT: Leave the checkmarks next to products that are already installed! If you remove the checkmarks, they will be uninstalled! Click Next.
8. Follow through with the rest of the installation. You must reactivate your license.
9. For Network Installs ONLY: To add the product(s) to the workstations:
a. Go to the workstation.
b. Browse to the shared ...\pmwXXX\network (where “XXX” is the version number) folder on the server.
c. Run the setup.exe and choose “Reinstall Network Components”.
NOTE: If you are changing your license from a multi-user install to a single-user install, you must fully uninstall, deactivate your license, then reinstall using the new Product Key Code. The Modify feature will not work in this scenario.
You must fully deactivate the product’s license and uninstall all PC*MILER components, including local, network, enterprise, or server installations if you are:
If you are not satisfied with any PC*MILER product purchased directly from ALK Technologies, you may return it within 30 days of delivery date for a refund (excludes shipping and handling). We strongly recommend that you return our products using a shipping method that takes receipt of a delivery/shipment when shipping, and one that offers tracking, such as UPS, FedEx, DHL, or Certified Mail. (ALK is not responsible for lost packages.)
Please carefully review the terms and conditions presented to you in the End-User License Agreement (EULA) before using any PC*MILER product. The agreement provides a documented license to use the software and contains warranty information and liability disclaimers. By installing or using any PC*MILER software, you are confirming acceptance of the software and agreeing to become bound by the terms of the agreement. The EULA’s terms and conditions can be viewed during the installation, at the beginning of the User’s Guide and within the on-line Help.
Entering in “Free” or “Trial” (without the quotation marks) will provide you access to the 15-day trial period. If you are looking for a longer time frame to evaluate PC*MILER, please contact an Enterprise Solutions Account Executive or call 800-377-6453, Ext. 1 inquiring about an Evaluation License.
PC*MILER’s trial versions read and write to protected areas of the registry and therefore require administrative privilege to run. Unfortunately, you must be an administrator to run our trial versions. Once the product is purchased and activated by an administrator, then the software will function properly for all users.
By default, Trial users have a 15-day trial to take a look at PC*MILER. This Status Screen will open every time you start PC*MILER until the program's license is activated. To open up the program and bypass this Status Screen, click "Continue" on the bottom right to start PC*MILER. If you have purchased the product, please contact PC*MILER Technical Support with the subject line of “Product Key Code Request” including a brief description of the issue you’ve encountered, your company name, order number (if you have it), and your contact information so that an upgrade code can be sent to you. If you have not yet purchased the product, and wish to do so, please contact an Enterprise Solutions Account Executive or call 800-377-6453, Ext. 1.
Download the PC*MILER 22 Getting Started Guide for assistance.
Download the PC*MILER 23 Getting Started Guide for assistance.
Download the PC*MILER 24 Getting Started Guide for assistance.
Download the PC*MILER 25 Getting Started Guide for assistance.
Download the PC*MILER 26 Getting Started Guide for assistance.
Between version releases, updates and patches are periodically made available to users. These may include corrections to reported errors in the software or data, provide quarterly data releases (for applicable products), or include mid-year enhancements. Provided you are connected to the Internet, you can easily check for available updates and install them by either 1) ) selecting Help > Check for Updates to install them from within PC*MILER, or 2) manually checking for updates in the Website Support Center, then downloading the available file and installing it from the downloaded location.
When an update or patch is available, an email correspondence is sent to licensed users. To make sure all applicable parties in your organization receive update notifications, "email us with the contact name and email address. Make sure you identify what types of news you’d be interested in receiving. For example: general news, information about updates and patch releases, and/or the eNewsletter. Quarterly update notifications are sent via email from email@example.com in HTML format. Please add this email to your email provider’s Safe Sender/Recipients List to ensure that you receive all related emails.
Please contact an Enterprise Solutions Account Executive or call 800-377-6453, Ext. 1 for assistance.
If you purchased PC*MILER|Traffic with PC*MILER, a second product key code will be sent to you in a separate email from firstname.lastname@example.org. PC*MILER|Traffic requires a separate upgrade product key because it’s a subscription that needs to be renewed periodically (unlike the base PC*MILER application and its other features and add-ons). Follow the simple steps below to install the upgrade after PC*MILER has been installed and activated.
1. In the License Status window, click the arrow next to Add/Change License. NOTE: If you already closed the License Status window, you can open it again at any time to perform the upgrade – just click the Windows Start menu and select Programs > PCMILER > License Status.
2. Enter the PC*MILER|Traffic Upgrade product key that was emailed to you from
email@example.com and click Next to continue.
3. You will see “Welcome to PC*MILER” at the top of the License Status window. Click Next to continue.
4. When prompted, enter your email address then click Next to continue. If RouteSync was installed with PC*MILER, you will also need to enter the password you used to set up the RouteSync account.
5. When the activation process is complete, you will receive a message on the screen saying, “License Activated Successfully.” Click Finish.
6. Click the arrow next to Continue in the License Status window. The upgrade is now complete and PC*MILER|Traffic and its related features will be available to use when you open PC*MILER.
7. To start PC*MILER once the installation is complete, double-click the PC*MILER icon on the desktop, or click the Windows Start menu and then select Programs > PCMILER > and choose PCMILER or another installed PC*MILER product.
Please note the version of your product in any correspondence so that we can answer your question more quickly.
For PC*MILER Support:
(PC*MILER and PC*MILER|Rail)
Phone: 1-800-377-6453 (ext. 2)
Phone: 1-609-683-0220 (ext. 2)
NOTE: Support for PC*MILER|FuelTax was discontinued February 2015.
If you have a question about your order, please contact your sales representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org.